The Staff and Management Committee welcome you to Quirindi Preschool Kindergarten. We are pleased that you are interested in a place at our Preschool. We hope that you and your child feel happy and secure with us and that we can meet your needs.
Quirindi Preschool Kindergarten
Postal Address 49 Allnutt Street
PO Box 157 Quirindi 2343
Quirindi 2343 NSW
Director: Mrs Alison Thompson
phone: (02) 6746 1894
Hours of Operation
The Preschool operates from: 8.00 am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday.
School terms and holidays are in accordance with the NSW Department of Education.
The first and last days of the school year are Pupil Free Days for staff training and cleaning.
Priority of Access – As per the Government Funding Guidelines
1. Equity Children
Equity children are children who are:
* At least 3 years old on or before 31st July and/or
* Family holding a current Health Care Card
2. 4-year-old children
*Children who are at least 4 year olds on or before the 31st July in that preschool year and not yet in compulsory schooling
3. A child with a diagnosed disability as per the priority of access
4. Children with English as a second language (ESL) as per the priority of access
5. Children who are at risk of significant harm (from a child protection perspective) as per the priority of access
No Priority of Access – As per the Government Funding Guidelines
* 3-year-old children who do not turn 4 years of age before the 31st July can access preschool however do not have priority over the above categories of children.
Enrolment Patterns – As per the Government Funding Guidelines
* 4-year old’s enrolment a minimum of 2 days, and an encouraged enrolment pattern of 3 days per week.
* 3-year olds, who turn 4-years of age before the 31st July, enrolment a minimum of 2 days per week. However, 4-year-old enrolled for a minimum of 2 days will have priority.
* Non Equity 3-year old’s who turn 4 after the 31st July will be placed on the enrolment waiting list for the following year enrolment.
* 1-day enrolment for all children will only be considered if there are no other spots available.
Quirindi Preschool offers a playbased indoor outdoor curriculum and is a place were child’s voices are heard and valued.
We welcome you to be an active part of our environment.